Why use a Business Travel Agency?
XL Turners Travel is a well-established Business Travel Agency which provides Corporate Travel Management solutions to clients throughout South Africa and Africa.
We are a fully licensed travel agency and member of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Association of South African Travel Agents (ASATA) with a Level 2 B-BBEE Contributor status.
Travel is an essential part of doing business and in a competitive business environment time is a valuable commodity.
The global travel industry is more complex than ever, so it makes sense to outsource travel management to a professional Travel Management Company, allowing you to focus on your core business.
Why use XL Turners Travel
We recognise that traveller satisfaction is a balancing act between traveller comfort and the company’s bottom line. Our promise is to provide our clients with efficient cost-effective travel solutions while managing their travel spend through policy adherence, measurement controls, and reporting.
- We have been in business since 1956 and are recognised as one of KwaZulu-Natal’s leading travel management companies with established affiliations to local and international travel organisations.
- We know what is important to the business traveller and while looking after the individual, we also have the company’s best interests at heart.
- In an ever-changing environment it is essential for travel organisations to be flexible in approach yet focussed on client and supplier issues.
- XL Turners Travel is a founding member and shareholder in the XL Travel group; and is a full member of the International Travel Partnership (I.T.P.), a global travel consortium and are their sole representative in Southern Africa.
- Many of our key people have attained their 20-year service awards and our corporate travel managers have vast corporate travel experience.
- Our primary function is to meet the challenges that corporate travellers encounter in their business travel. From planning itineraries, securing the best pricing, to the management and administration of their travel.
- Our information technology systems and online tools provide for efficient booking services, travel apps, and accurate and meaningful reporting ensuring that one of your company’s largest budget items is properly managed.
- Our local and international affiliations and prominent position in the travel industry allows us to offer competitive pricing on all travel-related products.
- The cornerstone of our management team is knowledge of the industry and hands-on experience which provides an insight into what travellers need and how to balance this with the reality of corporate travel management.
XL Turners Travel is a founding member and shareholder of the XL Travel Group which is a leading travel consortium with a membership base of 150 travel agencies spread across Southern Africa.
With annual sales in excess of R2.5 billion the XL Travel Group plays a leading role within the South African Travel and Tourism Industry. This strong position gives us the ability to negotiate favourable pricing and benefits with major suppliers within the airline, hotel, car rental, inbound, and tour operating industries.
XL Turners Travel is a full member of the global travel group, I.T.P., and their sole representative in Southern Africa.
ITP is one of the world’s fastest growing networked alliances of independent travel agencies with a strong multinational portfolio of business travel clients.
It offers a network of leading travel agencies working together around the world to provide clients with more opportunities and better quality business travel services on a global basis.
The International Air Transport Association is the Trade Association for the world’s airlines representing 265 airlines or 83% of the total air traffic. The Association supports many areas of aviation activity and helps formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues.
XL Turners Travel is one of seven companies of The Turner Group which has a combined annual turnover in excess of R10 billion.
The Group’s origins date back to 1896 when David Turner started the business as a Customs Clearing Agent at the newly established Port of Durban.
Over the past 123 years Turners Shipping has grown and diversified, and the Group has developed to include a strong travel component.
Established in 1956 the association of Southern African Travel Agents is a representative forum that aims to promote professional service in the travel industry for both members and their clients.
XL Turners Travel is the first travel agency to be ISO 9001:2015 accredited in South Africa. This means that we have a certification by an International Standards Organisation for globally recognised quality management systems and operational processes.
XL Turners travel is a 51% black-owned QSE Level 2 B-BBEE contributor, qualifying as an Empowering Supplier.