We can facilitate all travel under Level 3 and look forward to assist you
XL Turners Travel are closely monitoring government directives, airline, and hotel updates, to ensure our clients are given information timeously. We can facilitate all travel under Level 3 and look forward to assisting you in this regard.
Following the media briefings by the Minister of Transport, Fikile Mbalula and the Minister of Tourism Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, we are now in a position to give more clarity on domestic travel for business purposes from Monday 01 June: –
Current Airline Information
- Mango & Safair have indicated they will resume flights between Johannesburg (OR Tambo/ Lanseria) and Cape Town and Durban from 15 June.
- Cemair have indicated they will be flying from 08 June
- All airlines will be able to fly at 100% capacity which will make it more viable for the airlines to resume flights and pricing should be normal.
Conditions of Operation
These are the current operating conditions, as we receive more information and clarity, we will keep you updated.
- Only employees who work at the airport with a permit, foreign consular and diplomatic agents rendering consular services to foreign nationals, crew and, passengers are allowed in the terminal building.
- Drop off and pick up is only permitted outside the terminal building.
- All persons entering the terminal building and boarding aircraft must be required to wear face masks, as specified in the Regulations, always and be subjected to applicable COVID-19 control measures.
- Passengers are required to provide written authorisation or proof of travel, confirming the reasons consistent with direction 5(1)(b)(í) and failure to produce such written authorisation or proof of travel, the passenger shall be automatically denied travel.
- All persons shall be screened before entering the terminal building and will be denied access should they have elevated temperature or present with signs of being infected with COVID -19.
- The airports and all airlines must develop and implement procedures consistent with the applicable COVID -19 Regulations and Directions.
- All aircraft will be equipped with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) air filters which have a 99.97% efficacy of “removing viruses”
- Loading capacity for all airport buses would be 70% and will be disinfected after offloading passengers
- Drivers, baggage handlers and ground handlers will be fully equipped with the appropriate protective equipment (PPE)
- No catering or in-flight magazines
- The last row of the aircraft will be designated for isolation of suspected cases
- Hotels will be able to accommodate business travellers and a list of these hotels; any requirements and conditions will be advised within the next few days.
This update comes to you as part of our ongoing commitment to customer service and care.