Whether you are taking a short internal flight or a longer international trip there are a few simple things you can do to make it a more comfortable experience.
- Good posture goes a long way.
We are always told to sit up straight and not to slouch. Well, being on an aeroplane isn’t any different.
- Keep on moving
We also know that sitting in one position for too long is not good for us, so take regular breaks. A walk up and down the isle will be enough to avoid cramps or stiffness at the end of the trip. If you are worried about hassling your fellow travellers there are a couple of exercises you can do in your seat.
- Place your feet flat on the floor and lift your toes as high as you can while keeping your heels on the floor. Then do the same with your heels.
- Neck circles: chin down, slowly roll your head from one shoulder to the other.
- Wrist circles: rotate your hands to move your wrists clockwise, and then counter-clockwise
- Shoulder circles: roll your shoulders back a few times and forward a few times
- It’s not the red-carpet
The days of dressing up for a flight are long gone. Wear comfortable loose-fitting casual clothing.
- Travel accessories
If you are a regular long-haul traveller, it might be an idea to invest in a good quality neck pillow and perhaps a travel blanket.
Here’s to your next trip, let’s hope it is a comfortable one.